Southwest Missouri Junior Golf Association
The S.M.J.G.A. is a developmental tournament circuit designed to bring together Jr. golf competitors from all over Southwest Missouri to some of the finest facilities in the area. Players have the opportunity to compete, gain tournament experience, and develop long lasting friendships with other golfers in the area.
The SMJGA Championship Tournament and the year end Match Play Point Total leader event are ran by the SMJGA Staff and volunteers. All other tournaments are ran by each golf course and staff.....Please take the time to thank each venue for allowing the SMJGA members to participate in their tournament.
Everyone will be required to pass a rules test to be eligible for the SMJGA Championship Tournament in July.
ALL GOLFERS MUST TAKE AND PASS THIS TEST EVEN IF YOU PASSED IT IN 2018.
2019 NEW GOLF RULES
Knowledge of the rules is the responsibility of each golfer. Many of the new golf rules will benefit the player. SMJGA strongly encourages every player to click on the link below and become knowledgeable about these new rules. The link offers a written and video explanation of the new rules. Below the link is a short explanation of some of the new rules for 2019.
1. SEARCH TIME: When searching for your ball you now have 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes.
2. BALL MOVEMENT DURING SEARCH: There is no penalty if a player accidentally moves their ball while searching for it. Just replace it from where it was moved. If moved from the deep grass or a bad lie, it must be replaced in the deep grass or to the bad lie.
3. CLUB LENGTH DEFINED: When taking relief, you may use the longest club in your bag, except your putter.
4. DROPPING THE BALL DURING RELIEF: When dropping a ball for relief, you now drop the ball from knee high instead of from shoulder height.
5. EMBEDDED BALL RULE: Now you can take relief from an embedded ball in the general areas including the semi-rough and rough areas. This does NOT apply to embedded balls in the sand bunkers.
6. DOUBLE HITS OR BALL HITS A PLAYER OR EQUIPMENT: There is no penalty if the ball deflects off you or your equipment. So if during a players stroke, the ball is struck twice, the ball is played as it lies with no penalty.
7. TOUCHING THE SAND IN THE BUNKER AND LOOSE IMPEDIMENTS: In the sand bunker, players may move loose impediments. Also there is no penalty if you accidentally touch the sand with your hand or club. No grounding of the club is allowed prior to hitting the ball.
8. UNPLAYABLE BALL IN THE BUNKER: There is a new unplayable relief from the sand bunker. With a 2 stroke penalty, players can now take relief outside the bunker on a line between the ball and flag.
9. PENALTY AREAS: Water hazards are now known as penalty areas. You can now ground your club, move loose impediments and take practice swings hitting the ground in the penalty area without penalty.
10. REPAIRING DAMAGE ON THE GREEN: You can now repair most damages to the putting green such as spike marks, ball marks, indentations from flag sticks or club, damages from animals and from old hole plugs. You cannot repair aeration holes or the natural wear of the hole.
11. HITTING THE FLAGSTICK: There is no penalty if your ball played from the putting green hits the unattended flagstick that is in the hole.
12. BALL HOLED: With the flagstick in the hole, if any part of the ball is below the lip, it is considered holed.
13. SUBSTITUTING YOUR BALL: When taking relief with or without a penalty, you may substitute your ball.
14. DROP OPTION DROPPED: Water hazards marked with red stakes or red lines are now called penalty areas. It is no longer allowed to drop on the opposite side of the penalty area.
NEW INSTRUCTIONS FOR RULES TEST
(Rules Test Available Beginning March 15)
1. 72 hours (EXCLUDING WEEKENDS) after payment of your SMJGA yearly dues of $39, your ID and Password will be activated and you can take the rules test.
2. Go to www.classmarker.com and log in.
3. Your ID will be smjga and your first and last name. For example, Horton Smith would be smjgahortonsmith. (notice all lower case, no spaces)
4. Your password will be golfer and your first and last name with the number 1 and # at the end. Again, for example, Horton Smith would be golferhortonsmith1#. (notice all lower case, no spaces)
5. You must score 100% on the exam to pass. But you can take it as many times as necessary.
6. There are 30 questions for the group ages 10 and above and 10 questions for the 9 and under group.
7. Once you successfully pass the exam, then your name will be added to the list.
8. Please allow 72 hours (EXCLUDING WEEKENDS) for your name to be added to the list. Good luck!
9. If you have any questions you can email your questions to email@example.com.
No Worries.....you can take the test as many times as it takes to pass. Take the test with a friend!
SMJGA GOLFERS THAT HAVE SUCCESSFULLY PASSED THE 2019 RULES TEST ARE LISTED BELOW.
- Allman, Lily
- Asby, Aiden
- Bates, Laylah
- Batten, Seth
- Benson, Isabella
- Bowman, Mason
- Bristow, Andrew
- Carr, Grant
- Colvin, Christian
- Cooper, Christian
- Finke, Elizabeth
- Floyd, Adam
- Freeman, Elizabeth
- Frey, Griffin
- Griesemer, Jack
- Killingsworth, Kaden
- Lindsey, Hudson
- Lindsey, Truett
- Mann, Ryan
- Marty, Jaden
- Mast, Jacoby
- McDonald, Stewart
- Peak, Travis
- Rothgeb, Landon
- Royer, Levi
- Rust, Asher
- Rust, Easton
- Satterlee, Harry
- Satterlee, Wyatt
- Swann, Jonah
- Van Allen, Dax
- Vlasis, Gunner
- Wagner, Brooke
- Whitworth, Matthew
- Wood, Kameryn