Southwest Missouri Junior Golf Association
The S.M.J.G.A. is a developmental tournament circuit designed to bring together Jr. golf competitors from all over Southwest Missouri to some of the finest facilities in the area. Players have the opportunity to compete, gain tournament experience, and develop long lasting friendships with other golfers in the area.
The SMJGA Championship Tournament and the year end Match Play Point Total leader event are ran by the SMJGA Staff and volunteers. All other tournaments are ran by each golf course and staff.....Please take the time to thank each venue for allowing the SMJGA members to participate in their tournament.
Junior Horton Smith Cup Team
Joplin vs Springfield Match Play
New this year! The girls will now participate in the Junior Horton Smith Cup. This year the girls will have their match play event at Silo Ridge in Bolivar on July 30th.
The 5 player Springfield team must live within a 35 radius of Springfield, or be a member of a club within the same radius. The lowest score age 13-18 at the Millwood and Silo Ridge tournaments will gain an automatic spot on the team. The last 3 players will be chosen at the Bill & Payne Stewart tournament in the same manner.
The Joplin Team selection method is TBD.
The boys team must live east of the line from Casseville, Monett, Aurora, and Mt Vernon. This years match will be at Twin Hills in Joplin on July 26th.
The 12 player team will be chosen by the 2 lowest scores age 13-18 at Whispering Oaks, Horton Smith and Millwood tournaments. The last 9 spots will be selected after the 2nd round of play at the Bill & Payne Stewart tournament.
The Joplin Team selection method is TBD
Everyone will be required to pass a rules test to be eligible for the SMJGA Championship Tournament in July.
ALL GOLFERS MUST TAKE AND PASS THIS TEST EVEN IF YOU PASSED IT LAST YEAR.
Please follow the directions below.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RULES TEST
1. 72 hours after payment of your SMJGA yearly dues of $39, you can take the rules test.
2. Go to www.classmarker.com and log in.
3. Your ID will be smjga and your first and last name. For example, Horton Smith would be smjgahortonsmith. (notice all lower case, no spaces)
4. Your password will be golfer and your first and last name. Again, for example, Horton Smith would be golferhortonsmith. (notice all lower case, no spaces)
5. You must score 100% on the exam to pass. But you can take it as many times as necessary.
6. There are 44 questions.
7. Once you successfully pass the exam, then your name will be added to the list.
8. Please allow 72 hours for your name to be added to the list. Good luck!
9. If you have any questions you can email your questions to email@example.com.
No Worries.....you can take the test as many times as it takes to pass. Take the test with a friend!
SMJGA GOLFERS THAT HAVE SUCCESSFULLY PASSED THE 2018 RULES TEST ARE LISTED BELOW.
- Afton, Hopkins
- Assa, Jadaea
- Benson, Isabella
- Berzack, Steven
- Burch, Chandler
- Clark, Jacob
- Floyd, Adam
- Freeman, Elizabeth
- Fyfe, Reese
- Gambon, John
- Jackson, Carter
- Jackson, Isabella
- Johnson, Cooper
- Kassing, Jacob
- Marcak, Brandon
- Rust, Asher
- Rust, Easton
- Shipley, Chase
- Thessing, Savannah
- Van Allen, Dax
- White, Brandon
- Williams, Noah